It is worth noting that in recent years, not only the total number of books and periodicals published has increased, the quality of printing and binding has also improved, and the printing and binding cycle has been greatly shortened. General Administration of Press and Publication Printing Product Quality Supervision and Testing Center (hereinafter referred to as "Testing Center") is responsible for the national quality supervision, testing and certification of books, newspapers and periodicals printing work. Information from the Testing Center, in recent years, the overall situation of China book printing and binding quality is.
1. Each year, the testing center went to 10 provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government of some publishing houses, Xinhua Bookstore bookstore. Booklet printing plant on-site spot checks of the binding workshop. In recent years, the batch pass rate of the sampling is above 90%.
2. 2004 to participate in the National Book Exhibition of 355 publishers sent 3592 books for inspection, the pass rate of more than 98%.
3. annual inspection of some of the national publishing houses and printing houses to the testing center of the first-class products, the Department of quality products of about 60,000, test results in 2004, for example, the first-class products accounted for 83.3% of the products sent for inspection, accounting for about 25% of the books published nationwide.
4. China's participation in international book fairs, not only a slight increase in the variety of books, some of these fine quality of printing and binding can be comparable to the quality of books printed and installed in developed countries.
5. It is especially worth mentioning that there is a newly developed printing base "China Printing City - Longgang". There are also printing enterprises, such as China China Business (Hong Kong), Beijing Hualian, Yachang, Heshan Yatusi, Shanghai Jielong, etc., and the printing and binding of fine products have won the "American Printing Award", "Asian Printing Award", "Hong Kong Printing Award ". In summary, fully reflect the quality of Chinese books and periodicals printing and binding has indeed progressed and improved. But on the overall level of the national booklet printing and binding quality is not satisfactory, especially the general booklet and part of the primary and secondary school textbook printing and binding quality is poor, some of the poor quality of printing and binding reached the point of intolerable.
The main manifestations are.
③ finished size, the back of the book word panning skewed, the back of the book set of words up and down, the size of the protective cover, the size of the horse stapled staple position exceeds the standard or seriously exceed the standard; eight fold, even knife page, dead folding, page remnants, multiple post, inverted post, lack of post; overflow glue, open glue and other defects.
Development of the booklet printing industry
In 2011, the capital's press and publishing copyright work will accelerate the transformation of development, take mechanism innovation as a breakthrough, continuously deepen reform, accelerate the integration of resources, promote the integration of high-tech and publishing industry, innovate and improve the press and publishing public cultural service system, optimize the government management model, improve the level of service, and strive to create a new situation of the capital's press and publishing and copyright work. From the "2013-2017 China Journal Printing Industry Market Outlook and Investment Opportunities Analysis Report" as of the end of November 2010, the revenue of the press and publishing industry in Beijing reached 46.617 billion yuan, an increase of 9.45%; the total assets reached 93.515 billion yuan, an increase of 8.74%; the total profit was 3.059 billion yuan; and there were more than 115,800 employees. The total revenue of the press and publishing industry ranks fourth among the nine major fields of cultural and creative industries in the city.
The following trends will likely emerge in the future.
1, integrated operation of large and medium-sized publishing institutions.
2, cooperation between publishing institutions and technology providers will be further deepened.
3, small and medium-sized publishing institutions will take the road of service outsourcing.
4, the emergence of new digital publishing institutions, mainly in the form of the Internet.
5, reader manufacturers to open online bookstores.
6、Traditional channels will be fully transformed to electronic channels.
7, operators into the full process of digital publishing.
8, will appear more segmented professional database service providers.
Of course, the development of China's digital publishing industry is still facing a variety of formats, product prices, business models, settlements, user experience and many other issues.
The development of these trends and the solution of the problems will be based on a main theme: cooperation. The goal of cooperation is 1+1=11. Please note that it is not 1+1=2, but 11, in the hope of obtaining greater value, and only greater value can be called value for an industry that grows geometrically. To this end, we have to do a lot of hard and meticulous work, such as forming constructive alliances together, exploring how to integrate digital publishing more deeply with publishing organizations, formulating realistic strategic plans for digital publishing, standardizing business models and market strategies, and further clarifying partners. Only in this way can we further clarify what we want, what we can bring to our partners, and what our cooperation can bring to the industry.
From this perspective, "making partners more valuable" is relevant and will certainly become an important topic in the future development of China's digital publishing industry.