Notes related to softcover book printing when adding base colour
In the softcover book printing design, there is often a process of adding a base colour, through this process can make the softcover book more personalized, although only a simple process, in the softcover book design to play the finishing touch, if used well, can effectively enhance the artistic effect of softcover book, the following softcover The following is a detailed description of the relevant considerations when adding base colour to softcover book printing.
This process can make the ink layer smoother, and the printed page will not be flowery or white spots, which can truly reflect the artistic effect of the original manuscript. In addition, you can also use spot colours for printing, the use of this process can highlight the characteristics of the picture, to enhance the overall exquisite degree.
Second, in the printing design, designers should try to use one or two spot colours as softcover book printing base colour, not too complex, a complex reading without focus, the overall design effect should be as simple as possible, the choice of tones to natural, in the excessive and change, should also have a degree of harmony, if the two tones are too far apart. It Will also make people feel abrupt and uncomfortable, so the designers in the design must be clever use of colour to highlight the focus of the expression of soft book printing, through visual effects to mobilize consumers' interest in reading.
Third, in the selection of spot colour shades, to follow the uniformity, in line with its connotation. And when printing, also try to ensure consistency with the original manuscript tones. This can effectively enhance the artistic effect of softcover book printing and achieve the purpose of publicity.
1. It is best to keep the layers of the files made with Photoshop to facilitate modifications.
2. Using software layout, the linked image files must be delivered to the printing department together with the source files.
3. Make sure that the image mode must be CMYK mode. The precision is 300 pixels or more.
4. It is best to choose common fonts for the layout. Avoid rare fonts. Vector software must turn the text into a curve to avoid the problem of not being able to output because the printing department does not have these fonts.
5. softcover book printing size, print run, paper and other information will be indicated in the production file, or delivered to the printing department in the form of a document to facilitate production and acceptance.
6. bleed setting, bleed is a common printing term, softcover book printing after the printing is completed need to make the finished product to keep neat and beautiful, will be unified cutting page edges, the untidy, excess part of the cut-off. Bleed in printing refers to the addition of some pattern extension in the cutting bit, specifically for each production process within its process tolerances, to avoid the finished product showing white edges or cut to the content.
Cut off the edge of the page usually has a certain width, that is, bleeding bit, generally need to bleed each side of the extra 3mm. for example the finished product leaflet opening is generally 210mm × 285mm, the design needs to add 3mm to each side of the page, set to 216mm × 291mm.
7. Proofreading content, before the official printing, the need to organize the design documents, first of all, proofreading text content. For example, the proofreading process of a publication is usually three proofs and three corrections, which means that the sample is carefully proofread three times and the corresponding revision process is repeated to finally get a sample that can be printed.
To book printing and publishing, for example, after proofreading the final printed documents, the quality of the text content should meet the following requirements: text error rate of about 0%; the font, font size, number of lines at all levels of the title of the book is unified, the hierarchy is clear; the layout is properly spaced, line spacing is uniform, images, tables and text spacing is reasonable; the bookplate size is uniform, no duplicate pages, missing pages, cover, title page, table of contents, copyright page The cover, title page, table of contents, copyright page, etc. are all in line with the regular requirements.
8. Image output, the need to print the image should be selected from the beginning by the specifications, the printed image must ensure that the resolution of 300 pixels or more to ensure the clarity of the finished product. Too low a resolution will make the printing effect blurred and difficult to identify.
The images for softcover book printing should all be in CMYK colour mode to comply with the printer's standards. As the image may be compressed during the output process, it is best to use TIFF format for printing images (depending on the printer's requirements, communicate in advance.) to reduce the loss of image quality. Although the JPG format is also very widely used, if its compression ratio is lower than 8, it will affect the clarity of the print.